|Edit Recipe | Delete Recipe | Add to Shopping List | Add to Favourites | View Recipe|
|Recipe Name:||Haddock In Cream Sauce (Iceland) (au Gratin)||Difficulty:||Easy|
|Preparation Time:||30-60 Minutes|
3 Tablespoon(s) Butter
1/4 Cup(s) Flour
1 Dash(s) Salt (to taste)
1 Dash(s) Pepper (to taste)
1/4 Teaspoon(s) Nutmeg
1 1/2 Cup(s) Milk
3/4 Cup(s) Chedder cheese grated
2 1/2 Pound(s) Haddock fillets
1/4 Cup(s) Dry sherry wine
1 Each(s) Paprika
Notes: Adjust the sauce ingredients if cooking less fish. If the amount of haddock is smaller than full recipe and/or the fillets are on the thin side try less bake time than 45 minutes. 325 is a lower temperature than I usually use for fish, but the lower temperature and longer bake keeps the sauce from burning in the oven. I did 8 ounces of small fillets (tips) about 1/2" thick for 35 minutes and they were perfect.
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Melt butter in pan over medium heat and stir in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg whisking until smooth.
3. Add milk slowly, whisking to get out any lumps and make smooth.
4. Add the cheese, stirring until melted.
5. Place haddock in greased baking dish.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Pour sauce over haddock.
8. Drizzle with sherry and sprinkle with paprika.
9. Bake at 325F. for 45 minutes.