Dressings & Sauces
||Spaghetti Squash with Pesto
1 Each(s) Large Spaghetti Squash
2 Tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
1 Cup(s) Mozzarella grated
4 Tablespoon(s) Basil Pesto
1/2 Pound(s) Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil for tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
2. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Use a big spoon to scrape out the seeds and the stringy pieces. Discard.
3. Brush the insides of the squash with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on one side of the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in a medium bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss until all the tomatoes are well coated.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and place the tomatoes on the other side of the pan. Return to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft and start to burst and the spaghetti squash pierces easily when a knife is inserted into the skin and flesh.
6. Remove from the oven and preheat the oven to broil. Place the tomatoes in a bowl.
7. Flip the squash over on the pan and gently run a fork down the flesh, creating strands. Add the pesto (1 tablespoon per half) and use the fork to "fluff" the strands and mix in the pesto.
8. Top each squash half with mozzarella cheese and return the pan to the oven. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
9. Top with roasted tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, and basil. Serve immediately.
Scale this recipe[?]